Thursday, January 28, 2010

From jessie

Jan. 28th 10 o’clock
Hey everyone! It’s Jessie! There hasn’t been much going on lately around here. Our translator has been finishing paperwork and we’ve been going to see the boys. Mr. V has been warming up more and more with every visit. And whenever we go and see Mr. A, he always greets dad with a big hug. Mr. A doesn’t do much when we visit him. He does participate, but what he does most of the time is pick on dad and giggle. He is the cutest thing. Mr. V hasn’t warmed up totally, but he’s made a lot of progress since Friday. On Tuesday we spent four hours playing Uno and Golf. I enjoyed that. Grandma F. if only you could have been there you would have gotten your fill of golf for a year. Today we are visiting V. again and might possibly go see A. later. Another family has move into our apartment and our translator moved out into another apartment. I have enjoyed having them here so far. It’s nice having somebody here who’s on the same boat as you are and experiencing the same things. It’s not easy to have someone who hasn’t done this understand. In fact, I think it’s impossible.
Last night we at restaurant that was interesting. It reminded me of a club because they had a guy singing up front, the music was loud, there was a bar, people were smoking, and it was dark. One of the only reasons we ate there was because it had an English menu which to us is sort of valuable around here. I ordered a home salad. It didn’t have the description so I had no idea what I was getting in to. Our waitress brought it out and it didn’t look too bad. It was composed of tomatoes, onions, and parsley. I have found that I don’t like the taste of parsley. Also it didn’t seem to have any dressings. I ate it, but didn’t enjoy it. For my main dish I order filleted chicken that had mushrooms, onions, and white sauce. It wasn’t too bad; I just wouldn’t order it again. Overall the restaurant was okay, but I think we all agreed that we wouldn’t go back. After the restaurant, we walked to McDonald’s and enjoyed a McFlurry. That definitely hit the spot. We are about to leave to go see V so I’m going to wrap it up. Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. It can't be easy to be facing such a huge life change while in the midst of the emotions of cultural challenges.

    It sure sounds like McDonald's, for all its faults, has been a blessing to you. For once, I feel a bit of gratitude for those golden arches--grateful they are helping my friends feel a sense of familiarity and comfort while they are far from home.

    ReplyDelete