Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thinking

We visited with A yesterday and every time we go it’s a lot of fun. Mom’s comment was he just wants some one to love him.
Every time I walk in either orphanage I am reminded of all that I have. I have two sisters (of course bros but not just yet). I have two parents who have been together for years and have no plans on changing that. I have a big house, a laptop, a room, toys, a Wii, a dog, and tons of family members to rally behind us along with tons of friends.
Here, V and A have the orphanage and friends. They have family none of which have seen them for a long while. Nothing is really theirs even the clothes on their backs (that’s the orphanage’s property). Even the gifts we give will ultimately belong to the orphanage. All these kids want in the end is someone to love them, someone to just be there
It’s a sobering thought but one we can all think about

3 comments:

  1. Hey is that you Ellen?? Wow ok I FEEL REALLY STUPID. So I'm apparently this GENIUS or something, except that I definitely didn't notice the sidebar with all of your journal entries, so I kept wondering why you guys hadn't posted anything! *facepalm* Wow. But alas! I found the journals, and have read pretty much all of them and I AM SO EXCITED! I've been thinking of you a ton, and wondering how you and the boys are getting along, and now I'm just so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah its me ( your good I only gave one hint)
    The boys are doing great the younger one is soooooooooooooooooooooo adorable ( And Ironically looks like me)
    we are doing well good to hear from you
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great! Hey you're practically already family! :)
    Glad to hear they like you guys. We've been talking about this forever! Good luck with the Interpol thing...blech.
    Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete