Thursday, January 21, 2010

Observations from Becca's point of view...

Since our last post, we have lived through another day in Kiev. Unfortunately, I am ready to come back home… sort of. So far I haven’t exactly enjoyed walking around, through, and under Kiev. Dad has an estimation on how far we have walked total in Kiev: 10 miles. :O Actually Mom, Dad, and probably Jessi have walked more like 15 (Ellen and I are home bodies). This is fairly exhausting in -10 ° C (14° F) weather, which is the norm here.
On the flip side, we have had some happy moments.  Yeah!! To my personal credit, I created my own card game! That goes to show you how boring it can be. Another example is we had dinner with some of the Americans we mentioned in our last post. That was a lot of fun. We went to a small Ukrainian diner. Dad had a REALLY good soup. Mom had ravioli-ish pasta filled with mushrooms and potatoes and topped with fried onions. Jess had the same thing as mom. Ellen had a pea soup and I had the ravioli-ish stuff too, but mine was only stuffed with mushrooms and topped with the fried onions. For dessert we had the same ravioli-ish stuff with cherry filling that you top with sour cream. Personally I found it disgusting. Jessi like it.
This morning was a lot slower. Mom and Dad had another appointment so Jess, Ellen and I stayed home and packed for our trip to the other town. Right now the TV’s on but no one is really watching it. Dad is asking me why I am on the computer again and telling Jess how hard it is to take videos in slow motion, Jess is half-listening to dad, Ellen is talking about something, and mom is getting stuff out of the bathroom.
By the way, the have really good milk here!
Anyway, keep enjoying the warm weather (for which I am envious of you all) and keep praying! See you sooner or later!!!!

2 comments:

  1. All that walking? Chalk it up to Mini-training! I think this was the week we were officially supposed to start, and we have officially done nothing over here. You're already in better shape than us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are going like normal so...Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete