Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Back in Stuttgart

Here are some pictures from our excursions:

Ellen and Me posing with a statue at the church were Ludwig is buried.



Becca and her beer ;)



Ellen and Me at the HofBrauhaus.




We safely made it back to Stuttgart this evening! We started our day in Dachau and finished walking around in Munich. Dachau was sobering and gross at times, but none the less it was interesting. The only thing I was annoyed with was that it was snowing and was chilly. Munich was a nice city. I especially enjoyed our lunch at the HofBrauhaus. That place was HUGE!!!! For those of you who don't know, HofBrauhaus is a restaurant with it's one brewery and sausage making(I think). There were tons of people there, a few drunk ones, and a band playing. It was a really neat place and I enjoyed that experience alot! After that we walked around Munich and tried to see the tomb of Ludwig, the one who built Neuschwanstein, but the catacombs were closed for remodeling. We walked around some more and then finally drove home.

4 comments:

  1. Nice photos...I like the posing with the statue. You both did a fine job of duplicating the look. :)
    Becca...I hope that was "root" beer. :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I love the pics of you guys! This is especially cool for me cuz we're talking about Hitler and Nazi Germany right now, and Mrs. Maurer showed us pictures of Munich, and the castle, and the restaurant place! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That actually is beer! Becca just wasn't drinking it. Mr. Burnett (our tour guide) was drinking it. I asked him if they would give us a mug of beer and he said they probably would :o

    ReplyDelete
  4. Philippe and I have been to the HofBrauhaus! On our honeymoon we were in Munich and stopped in there!

    ReplyDelete