Saturday, February 6, 2010

Observations from Becca’s Point of View (2-5-10)

A lot of firsts have happened lately…

-First time I tried Ratatouille and let me tell you it looks nothing like it does in the movie. Blech!
-First time a light bulb exploded in my face. This was interesting. Walked into the bathroom, forgetting my parents had been experimenting with the burnt out light bulb. On went the light switch, kablooie went the bulb.
-First time I have walked in on someone in the WC (Water Closet/ Bathroom) over here. That was weird. Unfortunately Ellen was right there and laughed really hard at me. *Sigh*…
-First time my little brother has played doctor and decided I was sick. The way to cure me was to fill a little glue bottle with water and try to squirt it in my mouth. And he succeeded… that was gross. (For those of you who don’t know, the water here isn’t good to drink.)
-First time I have had three course meals.
-First time I have seen chili peppers and honey in alcohol. Weird…
-First time I have eaten cubed ice cream. I didn’t even know that was possible!
-First time I have ever gone out to dinner at 5 but didn’t leave the restaurant until 9:30.
-First time I have noticed that if you go to a restaurant and order a dish and then come back the next night order the same dish, the second dish will be different from the first. It all depends on who makes it and what they have in the kitchen.
-First time I have had crabs wrapped in crepes. DISGUSTING!
-First time I successfully bent a toothpick into a ‘U’ shape without breaking it!!!! Hoorah!!!!!
-First time I have read Gone with the Wind. Boring…
-First time the cab we were riding in got stuck in the snow… twice…
-First time I saw a drunken person run into a snow drift. Hehe that was kind of funny.

But there are other things that have happened that are pretty common…
-Not the first time I have woken up in the middle of the night and found Ellen’s feet in my face.
-Not the first time I have forgotten the day of the week and/or the date.
-Not the first time I have pushed Jessie into the snow (and been pushed in also.)
-Not the first time I have thought our cab driver was about to run over someone.
-Definitely not the first time I have slipped and fallen… ouch…
-Not the first time I have been bored out of my mind. Homework isn’t the answer for such times.
-Not the first time it has snowed more that 3 inches. There’s probably a foot on the ground right now (maybe more).
-Not the first time I have wanted to devour a box of wafers (YUM!!!!)
-Not the first time I have looked out the window and thought the crane at the construction site next door was moving. :) A little scary.

Hehe, just sharing a few experiences…
Hope to see you all soon now that the trip is winding down (I think) :) Bye!

1 comment:

  1. Becca, I enjoyed reading your "first time" list, and "Not the first time" list. Very funny...and interesting.

    It is Sat. AM, and we are at the end of a snow storm here in Noblesville. About 8" where we are. Great packing snow, though.

    Hope to see you soon. We are going to the Peters' tomorrow for the Super Bowl, will miss your family being there.

    ReplyDelete