Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Lemonade In Limbo-February 9



You know the saying, “when life gives you lemons, make lemonade”. That
is what we are doing. As Mike and I hang out in Ukraine, most of our responsibilities are gone. Except for the couple hours a day we see the boys, we are free of parental responsibilities. We both have some work things to do, but that is not all consuming, our meals are simple, cleaning minimal….really almost like a honeymoon.

Yesterday we had the time and freedom to walk around the town. We found the museum, closed on Mondays, a national monument, a couple second hand stores, the ice carving display, and got to walk to all those places in a gently falling snow. As one of the other couples commented, it was like a Hallmark moment. Perhaps this is the Lord’s way of filling our tanks for the road ahead.

Thankful for a God who knows our inner most desires!

Pictures: Doris at a Second Hand shop. Notice the height of the door!! Other is Mike at the Ice Sculpture exhibit in town.

3 comments:

  1. Love the title! "Lemonade in Limbo" You are becoming quite the writers. :)

    The photo of Mike in the ice is great. And Doris, I hope the rest of the store had higher ceilings.

    Glad you were able to find some time to "honeymoon" there in Ukraine. (You're going to have to get back to that museum on an open day.)

    We are in the middle of another snow day here, most schools are closed, anticipating 4-8", and blowing & drifting overnight. So we may have Wed. off also. I guess we are experiencing a little Ukrainian weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep taking the time to have fun with just the 2 of you! How very cool! Mike your face in that ice sculpture looked like you got dunked in water and then froze, very funny picture!
    Enjoy your time together! As Jan said we are snowed in here in Indi, but he kids are enjoying the day off and sleding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We really, really, really miss you!!! The Super Bowl party at your house just wasn't the same!! Bob and Linda came. Ken bought pizza. Mom and I made a cheese ball from one of Doris's recipe books. I made chocolate chip cookies. Stephanie made sugar cookies shaped like footballs, Colts players, and cheer leaders. These were rather fat cheerleaders because she used ginderbread man cookie cutters. I am trying to make you miss us!!! I have not walked Reggie very much. The weather has been bad. And the roads are very slippery. Every time Reggie lunges for something I go down!! I have fallen several times!!! Today I tried again. But he jerked and I fell already in front of the Smileys. Well we went ahead...I took him to one of the open lots to play and he made snow angels. I kid you not. I took today off from work because of a winter storm warning. It is not turning out to be that bad. But I decided I needed to take advantage of that and hang out with Mom at your house. I came over to Doris's mom's to get your blog address and decided to read it and respond. I hope you can read all of this because it is kindof long. We pray for you continuously. This will be a story to tell for many, many years to come about God's planning in our lives and about just being FAITHFUL!!! It may sound like an "unspiritual comment" but I am so proud of you guys. And I know God is pleased. That is the important thing.
    Love you!!!!!! MARLENE

    ReplyDelete