Friday, February 12, 2010

Observaions from Becca's Point of View

Ah, you ALL need to visit Germany some time.
Yesterday, we went to Rottenburg (Spelling correct?) which is a city from Medieval times that has a large wall surrounding most of the city. We walked the wall (yes mom we are getting exercise) and then walked to the center of the city.
We stopped and grabbed lunch at this restaurant. It was SO good!!! Jess got some macaroni stuff, I got Sauerkraut with 3 types of sausage, Ellen got schnitzel and french fries, and Uncle Brian got some fish (:P)
After that we toured a medieval crime museum with lots of examples of the machines they used to torture people. THIS IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART! Ellen only barely made it through!
After that we started to head back to the car, then stopped and purchased a graham cracker ish ball covered with chocolate and with chocolate filling- otherwise known as a 'snowball'. YUMMY! I had to break it apart and serve it and there is still chocolate under my nails (:P) Miss you all!! -becca

4 comments:

  1. Oooh... that snowball sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm....sounds like the Germans know how to make a great dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. for the record I was fine it was just that creepy statue I didn't like

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Becca--we missed you on the retreat! We can't wait to hear about your adventures and your new brothers!! And I've BEEN to Rothenberg! It was one of my favorite places when I went to Germany. I even have a picture of it in my living room. Hope to see you Sunday...
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete