Friday, February 12, 2010

Well, we are all dressed up and sitting at McDonalds. The courthouse is 3 blocks away and we have a 2pm court scheduled. We don't dare walk back home and risk not being back in time, so, here we sit. (Correction, here I sit...everyone else decided to go shop for gloves and hats for our boys. If they don't come back in time, I have to grab a Ukrainian woman outside the courthouse to impersonate Doris and then come back into the courtroom with another woman to impersonate the Heltons. We are NOT missing this court date!!!!)

In Ukraine, on Fridays, courthouse business is done by 3pm so, we and the Heltons, must get it all done in 1 hour. That is to our advantage since the judge will want to hurry, right??

If all goes according to our tentative plan, we finish at 3pm, go back and change out of our monkey-suits :-), head to dinner to celebrate, pack my suitcase, hit the sack by 9pm, get up at around 11:30 pm (!!!!!!!), drive to the airport by 3:30 am so that Dennis can catch his flight, sit for 3-4 hours......alone......in the airport with all my luggage, then catch my flight to Germany. Oh, yeah, the drive to the airport is with 4 total people in a small Daewoo sedan. :-( (Really, if this is the worst that we face in our lives, I am getting off easily!)

The photo is from our restaurant last night. It was cold enough that several of us put on our winter coats and Doris and Tammy sat on the radiator.

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is...I hope those shoppers made it back in time!

    ReplyDelete