Monday, February 22, 2010

Downtown Cherkassy


You wondered what happened to AVON, well it is alive and well here. The ladies have their wares out in front of McDonald's everyday. It is pushed as a business opportunity for women. You go girl!!


This "Time Square" like video board graces the plaza across from the McDonald's and next to a shopping center along the main boulevard of town.


Ah, McDonald's, our hub. Whenever we need a taxi to take us downtown, we just say McDonald's and they know where we want to go. It has wifi so we frequent it for that purpose. The prices are not that much less then in the states, so by Ukrainian standards it is a real treat due to its higher cost. The playground has been in use even during the cold weather. I told you, these folks are hardy!!

3 comments:

  1. Interesting! Thanks for the great pictures and descriptions. Countdown to liftoff Friday! Praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to chuckle at your quote for Avon ..."you go girl!" Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tour of your last few days in Ukraine--I really enjoy seeing these everyday sights. You're probably getting used to them, but they are fresh for us!

    And, as I wrote before, I'm softening on my attitude toward McD's. It's given my dear friends a familiar place to hang. That's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete