Saturday, February 6, 2010

Unanticipated Plans

So the way things are looking right now, the three of us girls are going to go on to Europe alone. The worst possible scenario for us is working its way out. Mom and Dad are going to have to wait around here in the region until they get a court date and we will go on to Germany and leave from there…alone. I am not particularly looking forward to that part of the trip. It’s kind of ominous thinking of flying home alone. It wouldn’t be so bad if we were in the States, but we are in a foreign country and have never done this kind of thing by ourselves. I am excited about going to Germany and such. I am sure that the Burnett’s will show us lots of interesting things. I’m sad though that mom and dad won’t be able to enjoy it with us.
I find this part of the trip very frustrating. We are just waiting around for them to tell us a court date. Ugh, it’s annoying! The three of us are for sure going home on the 15th, but as for mom and dad it’s basically an unknown. We supposedly have a 20% chance of court Thursday. That’s not likely to happen though. It’s more likely that we will have court in 2 weeks. Either Tuesday the 16th or Friday the 19th. Unfortunately even that’s not for sure which is what makes this process so agonizing! Tomorrow Ellen, Becca, and I fly out. I think sometime in the afternoon. Thankfully it’s a direct flight and we will hopefully arrive in Germany sometime in the evening.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I'm so sorry this isn't working out right now... :(
    After reading you and Becca's posts and then your moms post, I feel like you guys are still taking it better. Thank God for the resilience of youth! I continue to pray for you guys, and now especially for safe travels to Germany! *hugs*
    Love you all!
    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete