Friday, February 12, 2010

Family Plan

Well, as of about 3pm local time, we became the proud parents of Mitchell James Alderink and Garrett Isaac Alderink.

Court took about 35 minutes during which we were asked about our motivations in adoption, ability to take care of the boys, our house, and what our girls thought about adding some brothers. Mitchell was present and the judge asked him some questions about whether he knew what this meant, how he knew we loved him, and about his experiences in our home in the summer. He was very calm and answered Yes when asked if he wanted to become our son and if he also loved us.

We were also allowed to be in the courtroom during the proceedings for the Heltons. Very cool.

It is snowing again here. I need to leave for Kiev at around midnight and am concerned about the roads. Just Pray!

I have mixed emotions about leaving. Doris remains and the job is not complete. So, I have some desire to stay here and finish and to be with Doris. But, there are other responsibilities to tend to. If all goes well, Doris will be home with Mitchell and Garrett around the end of February.

12 comments:

  1. I have been trying to call to congratulate you and Heltons but can't get through! I don't have a phone number for Peters but got them an email! I am so happy for all of you! Praying the 10 days fly and you are all home soon! So awesome to see what God started years ago - is now complete but a new journey is now beginning!
    God bless you and your whole family!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to all of you from all of us!! Eric saw that Mike had written on Ellen's wall on Facebook, so Doyle hurried and pulled up your blog again. He had just gotten done reading your updates about 15 minutes ago.

    We are very happy for all of you and will continue in prayer for the remainder of your trip. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally!!! I am so happy that is is over for you guys...well actually, I think it is just beginning!! Hope we all are on the same schedule and can meet up in Kyiv!!
    The Thomas Family
    Todd,Lori,Brandon,Trenton,Jayson and Alison!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to all of you! The Lord has answered your prayers!! We can't wait to meet them! - The Browns

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new sons and brothers!!! I am so happy for all of you. "Praise God from whom all blessings flow, praise Him all creatures here below!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yippee! So cool to have it be official.

    I was wondering if the boys knew what it all meant. So glad to hear that they desire to become your sons. Wow..I wonder what all is going on in their hearts & minds.
    I think of how we say "yes" to God, and He adopts us as His children.
    Congratulations!
    Will continue to pray for remaining details for all.
    Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!!! So happy to hear that the court date came through and went well. Also, thought is so sweet how your son answered those questions in court. What a happy day!!

    (this might say from Adam, but his mom is just using his account)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Tim and I are so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow-wow-wow-wow-wow!!!

    Congratulations with great joy from all the Kroekers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, I just got on your blog after being off for a couple of days how exciting and what wonderful news!
    We are soooooooo happy for you all! Will continue to pray for your journey and they flight home for Mike and the girls! Can't wait to see you all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH MY GOD! YES! THANK YOU GOD! I just got on here since I'm back from the winter retreat! Erin's mom called with the news! CONGRATULATIONS!
    I'm also surpirised and excited for another reason. I don't know what I was thinking, but I didn't even think of you guys renaming them. HOWEVER I am SO EXCITED because the name Garrett is one of my favorite names EVER! Its unique and strong. Good choice! (You may notice its in the screenname I use...)
    So Mitchell is Mr. A and Garrett is Mr. V?? Just trying to clarify...

    SO EXCITED!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. No its the other way around Garret is A and Mitchell is V

    ReplyDelete