Tuesday, February 16, 2010

February 16

Greetings all!
As I am typing this, sitting in the Plazma "food court" area accessing the wifi, I imagine that the rest of my family are asleep in their beds, at home. They probably had a very late night with their plane not scheduled to arrive until after 10pm.
My life is so free of demands at this point, I am keenly aware of enjoying this time because this is not "normal life". I have books, needle point, and the other couples to fill my days plus the time with the boys.

Today I go see Mitchell. With there just being the two of us, we will have to limit our card playing to "war". Thought we might look at the pictures on the computer. The time with Garret has been good. Yesterday the children put on a program for us. They were all decked out. He looked so cute in his black dress pants, vest, white shirt, and bow tie. He was all grins! We have been building with Duplo-type blocks. He likes to build robots and guns to shoot them. HHHMMMM. Yesterday I made a "grandma robot" and he even destroyed her! He isn't so keen about working on writing his letters or doing any type of "structured" lessons so, I just add them to what we are doing. I would love to post pictures, but they ask that we don't until
after the appeal period is completed.

Enjoy the day! Doris

7 comments:

  1. After this period of time, I wonder when you will find time for needlework again!!! :) There _will_ come a time again in the future--I promise!!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is at work! I think He may have given you this time not only to enjoy but also to give you some insight that will help you after you get back home. I wish I could tell you that green grass and sunshine will be awaiting you but right now it looks just like Ukraine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Doris! Anna and I went to suprise Mike and the girls last night but got caught in a traffic jam... at least we weren't in the accident, and it appeared no one was injured. Enjoy your time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that Mike and the girls made it back safely yesterday! I bet you are enjoying this time, and getting to know the boys better!
    Can't wait to see you pictures of them when you are able and to see all three of you back home again! Enjoy this time you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Doris...so glad you have the company of other waiting families. Knowing you, you will use your time wisely.

    I pray this time goes quickly for you, and that the boys get their freedom to come home sooner, rather than later.

    You could always play pictionary, and that way, teach them some English words, and they teach you, Ukrainian words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doris, I forgot to tell you that my mother who volunteers at a second hand store in Bloomington, told me that they give tons of clothes to a church that sends them to Ukraine. I thought that was a good thing. Who knows, maybe those clothes you got for the boys came from Bloomington! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just had dinner with your hubby and the girls--can't wait to have *all* of you over!

    ReplyDelete