Sunday, February 21, 2010

Happy #16 Jessica!!!!!!

My second child was born sixteen years ago today at 2240. It was a painful birth (aren't they all??)but well worth it!!! We are grateful to God for blessing us with her. I am hoping that the current "birth" process that I am in is fading. This one is not physically painful, just more of an on going pain as "normal" life is disrupted, familiarity is a distant memory, and we are at the mercy of a different governmental system.
Tuesday is when the real action begins. We are free to get the appropriate paperwork needed for passports then head to Kiev. There are four families, eight children, that will need to get a lot of paperwork done before we can move on. Prayer support is requested. It sounds like the day is non-stop with picking up paperwork, getting it notorized, etc.... Our goal is to get the kids on the way out of town, unsure what the facilitators plans are, they return Monday.
After we booked our tickets for Friday on Lufthansa, we learned their pilots are having a strike Mon-Thursday this week. Pray that we can get all the paperwork done and that we will be able to get our flight on Friday without any hitches.
Many thanks, Doris


This could be your place of employment. They are scattered throughout the city selling dried fruit, nuts, pastries. They are open for 12 hours.



Hats anyone???

3 comments:

  1. Mike and Doris,
    Cindy Uhrig here. We kept V until you returned from your vacation. I saw your blow address on Lori and Todds' blog. I really enjoyed your pictures and reading your blog. Your time in Ukraine and Germany bring back sooo many memories. I am glad to hear that you are returning with the kids on Friday. Did not know about the airline strike. Just remember, God is with you. You will get home. '
    I wish you happy trails and God speed.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey mom Ellen here
    All of us miss you ( and the boys) the house just isn't the same
    ANyways I can't wait for you to see the support group here. I have been amazed at how many people have been praying for us even people we didn't know ( WOW ) I was told by Abbie that on the retreat they prayed for us and not long after Erin called her mom and found out the boys had been Adopted.
    Praying you get home as soon as possible
    Ellen
    Ps I am acutally starting to miss Ukraine ( so enjoy it while you can

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caps! Caps for sale! (I loved that book).

    I love the little cart--I'll bet it's fun for a school kid to stop and pick up a little snack when he gets out of class. You'll have to report on the pastries when you get back.

    ReplyDelete